Content Marketing Statistics: It is no secret that content marketing has become one of the most popular and effective marketing strategies in recent years. After all, who doesn’t love a good story? And as the demand for quality content continues to grow, so too do the content marketing statistics that show just how important this strategy has become.
Here are 30 remarkable content Statistics that every marketer should know:
1. Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as outbound marketing, but costs 62% less (Demand Metric)
2. B2B marketers who use content Statistics increase their leads by over 2X (Content Marketing Institute)
3. 84% of B2B marketers say they will produce more content in 2017 than they did in 2016 (Content Statistics Institute)
4. The average person reads 300 words per minute, which means they can consume an entire blog post in just under 3 minutes (Buffer)
5. By 2019, 80% of all internet traffic will be video (Cisco)
6. The average person remembers 10% of what they hear, 20% of what they read, and 80% of what they see (Forbes)
7. 72% of marketers say relevant content is key to lead generation success (Annuitas Group)
8. In 2017, 36% of marketers increased their use of original research and data (Contently)
Content marketing estimation:
1. In 2018, spending on content marketing is estimated to reach $313 billion dollars. (Source: PQ Media)
2. 62% of B2B marketers say that creating engaging content is their top challenge. (Source: Curata)
3. The average person consumes 11.4 pieces of content each day. (Source: Curata)
4. 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing. (Source: Demand Metric)
5. 87% of B2B marketers use content marketing. (Source: Content Statistics Institute)
6. Only 37% of B2B marketers think their content marketing is effective. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
7. The most effective B2B content marketers have a documented content strategy. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
8. The average cost of producing one piece of content is $135. (Source: CMO Council)
9. The average lifespan of a blog post is 3.2 days. (Source: HubSpot)
10. The average lifespan of a Facebook post is 3 hours. (Source: BuzzSumo)
11. The average lifespan of a Tweeter is 18 minutes. (Source: BuzzSumo)
12. The average lifespan of a LinkedIn post is 24 hours. (Source: BuzzSumo)
13. The average lifespan of a Google+ post is 48 hours. (Source: BuzzSumo)
14. The average lifespan of a Pinterest post is 3.5 months. (Source: BuzzSumo)
15. The average lifespan of an Instagram post is 21 hours. (Source: BuzzSumo)
16. 46% of marketers say they don’t have enough time to create enough content. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
17. The average person spends two hours a day on social media. (Source: We Are Social)
18. The average person spends 1 hour and 40 minutes a day on their mobile phone. (Source: We Are Social)
The Benefits of Content Marketing Statistics
There’s no doubt about it: content marketing is on the rise. In fact, a recent study by the Content Marketing Institute found that content marketing spend will increase by almost 50% in the next year.
Why the sudden surge in popularity?
Simply put, content marketing works.
In a world where we are bombarded with over 5,000 marketing messages every day, content marketing allows you to cut through the noise and reach your target audience with messages that are relevant and interesting to them.
And when done correctly, it can be an extremely effective way to build brand awareness, generate leads, and drive sales.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of content marketing:
1. Increased Brand Awareness
One of the primary goals of content marketing is to increase brand awareness. By creating and distributing high-quality, relevant content, you can attract attention from your target audience and position your brand as a thought leader in your industry.
2. More Engaged Customers
Engaged customers are more likely to buy from you, recommend your products or services to others, and come back to you again in the future.
Content Statistics can help you nurture relationships with your customers and create a more engaged customer base. By providing them with valuable content, you can build trust and credibility, and show that you truly understand their needs.
3. More Leads and Sales
Content Statistics can help you generate leads and drive sales. By creating content that is relevant to your target audience, you can attract their attention and interest, and encourage them to take action.
4. Improved SEO
Content Statistics can also help you improve your SEO. By creating keyword-rich content, you can attract more organic traffic to your website and improve your search engine rankings.
5. Lower Costs
Content marketing is a relatively inexpensive way to market your business. In fact, it often costs less than traditional marketing methods like print advertising or pay-per-click advertising.
The Types of Content Marketing Statistics
Content Statistics : As a business owner, you may be wondering what content marketing is and how it can benefit your company. Content Statistics is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
Content has become one of the most popular marketing strategies in recent years. And for good reason: businesses that use content Statistics see six times more conversions than those who don’t.
But content Statistics isn’t just about driving conversions. It’s also about building relationships with your audience and establishing yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
To help you get started with content marketing, we’ve put together a list of content statistics that you should know.
1. Content Statistics costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates more than 3 times as many leads. (Source: Demand Metric)
2. B2B marketers who use content increase their sales pipeline contribution by 10%. (Source: Aberdeen Group)
3. 72% of B2B buyers say that relevant content is a key influence in their purchasing decisions. (Source: Demand Gen Report)
4. In 2017, content Statistics will account for one-third of all marketing spend. (Source: Forrester)
5. 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing, but only 42% say they are effective at it. (Source: Content Statistics Institute)
6. The average conversion rate for websites with a content Statistics strategy is 6.9%, while the average conversion rate for those without a content Statistics strategy is 2.9%. (Source: Content Statistics Institute)
7. Only 9% of small businesses feel they are effective at content marketing. (Source: Clutch)
8. The most effective B2B content marketers have a documented content strategy. (Source: Content Statistics Institute)
9. 46% of B2B marketers say they struggle to produce engaging content. (Source: Demand Metric)
10. The top 3 challenges for B2B marketers are producing engaging content (46%), generating leads (39%), and producing
The Future of Content Marketing Statistics
Content Marketing: What does the future hold for content marketing? This is a question that is on the minds of many marketers as we move into 2020 and beyond.
There are a number of factors that will shape the future of content marketing.
Here are four of the most important ones:
1. The rise of artificial intelligence
Content Marketing Statistics: Artificial intelligence is already starting to have a major impact on content marketing. Automated content generation tools are becoming more sophisticated and are able to produce high-quality content at a fraction of the cost of human writers.
In the future, AI will become even more important in content marketing. It will be used to create more personalized and targeted content, and to help marketers track the performance of their content more effectively.
2. The continued growth of mobile
Content Statistics: Mobile devices are increasingly being used to consume content. In fact, more than 60% of all internet traffic is now coming from mobile devices.
This trend is only going to continue in the future. More and more people will consume content on the go, and marketers will need to make sure that their content is optimized for mobile.
3. The rise of social media
Content Marketing Statistics: Social media is already one of the most important channels for Content Statistics. It is a great way to distribute content, and to engage with potential customers.
In the future, social media will become even more important. It will be used to target specific audiences with personalized content, and to measure the success of content marketing campaigns.
4. The need for quality over quantity
Content Marketing Statistics: In the past, many marketers have focused on producing large quantities of content in the hope that something will stick. However, this is no longer an effective strategy.
In the future, quality will matter more than quantity .Content Statistics Marketers will need to produce fewer, but better, pieces of content that are more likely to resonate with their target audiences.
These are just four of the trends that will shape the future of Content Statistics. As we move into 2020 and beyond, it is important to keep these trends in mind and to adjust your content marketing strategy accordingly.